500 Internal Server Error

Home Forums Code, Bugs, Suggestions, Questions 500 Internal Server Error

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  messiah 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

egrep

As of 00:13 EST, when I decided to plunge into the depths of the library by hitting the universally acknowledged “useless teleport” button, aka the random button, I found the following, rather cgi-error-hinting error:

500 Internal Server Error
    -------------------------

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at admin@example.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Apache Server at libraryofbabel.info Port 80

And the books that I got it on:

Some minor analysis points to this being something to do with the books, not the pages, because changing the pages doesn’t seem to matter.

Also, books within the “vicinity” of those books — as in I took that url, and changed one number/letter or the shelf/wall/etc — all give the same error.

All of these links I got from random.cgi.

#213 Reply

egrep

I believe I found the (not very) missing link. These have all been GET requests. POST still seems to work. 🙂

#214 Reply

egrep

And never mind, it all works again. I should really wait about 30 minutes before actually sending anything. :/

#218 Reply

Jonathan Basile
    Keymaster

we’re quite in sync, egrep! It seems I caught this one at exactly the same time you did – I accidentally left a line in the code which requested the http_referer environmental variable – and the result was that anyone requesting books by typing a url into the address bar would get a 500 error.

As always, I appreciate being informed – don’t hesitate to tell me when there’s an error!

(I’ll reply to your longer post soon)

#16777 Reply

messiah

there are more massive problems with your site m8

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: 500 Internal Server Error
Your information: